Engineered Services, Inc. (ESI) was incorporated and opened for business in 1972, starting as an HVAC service company and controls contractor. Over the last four decades, ESI has grown to be regarded as one of the leading Building Automation System contractors in the area. ESI has several offerings, including Building Automation and Security using such products as Schneider Electric / Delta Controls / Tridium Niagara / and others.
ESI is only as good as the people we employ. At ESI we promote from within – a practice that has made ESI rich with tenure, industry experience and industry specific knowledge. Before we search for industry professionals, we look to ourselves, and only hire the best! The company gets its vision and corporate direction from the senior management team and the division managers that oversee our products, services and technologies. We use this vision to set goals and create the business plans for our future. All employees are involved with and engaged in our planning and goals setting activities. Our team provides expertise in all phases of mechanical and building automation systems from basic service, implementation, design, and execution of complete systems with little to no interruption to the end-user.
Engineered Services, Inc gets its vision and corporate direction from the senior management team and the division managers that oversee our products, services and technologies. We use this vision to set goals and create the business plans for our future. All employees are involved with and engaged in our planning and goals setting activities.
The Sales Division is responsible for how the company is perceived from within and without, how our website and advertising looks, and what affiliations we keep. The salesmen are responsible for selling plan & spec control systems, direct-to-owner control systems, existing building retrofit control systems, upgrades to existing control systems, building analytics SaaS packages, access control and CCTV camera systems, and Digital Video Recorders. We have multiple products to choose from, and decades of experience in helping you select the right product to suite your specific needs.
We speak IT! Our IT department sets ESI apart from all other Building Automation Control contractors. With the ever evolving complexity of building automation system technology, our IT staff stays ahead of the curve through factory and developer training courses and seminars in emerging technologies, attending training sessions throughout the continental United States. They are IT Certified Engineers and Programmers with decades of experience in networking and computer systems, who apply that knowledge to the Building Automation Industry. They are responsible for workstation & server configuration, as well as integrating network components into our customer’s existing infrastructures. When our clients IT staff coordinate’s with ESI’s IT experts, you can rest assured they are speaking the same language!
Programming & Graphics
Our Programming and Graphics team will write, test, and install all building automation control software, drawing and animating the graphical user interface for a seamless end user experience. We also complete systems integration with various industry standard languages and protocols, such as BACnet, Modbus, TCP/IP, and more.
Our field technicians are the backbone of the company. With the vast majority of our projects installed using in-house labor, it is the responsibility of our skilled labor force of field technicians to man projects and install automation systems as designed by our engineering staff. Project Managers work in and out of the office, order the parts and pieces, and run interference for the crew so they can get the work done. Field supervisors oversee multiple projects, assisting the project foremen in step-by-step planning to ensure projects are installed on time, and in a neat and profession manner. With more than 30 trucks on the road, you know we can handle your work!
Our Factory trained service technicians service Schneider Electric (Andover Controls) automation systems, Delta Controls automation systems, CCTV, access controls and pneumatic control systems. Our Service Department serves hundreds of clients in the D.C. Metropolitan, Baltimore and Southern Virginia areas, providing 24/7 service and response, with over $400,000 in spare parts stocked onsite for our contract customers. Custom service agreements are our specialty, with each agreement designed to meet our clients specific needs.
The Support Staff is responsible for payroll, accounting, building maintenance, human resources, telephone and general management. As a division, they “work for the rest of the company”. Our support staff is located in the Sterling, VA office.
Building Automation Service and Installation Technician
We are seeking BAS Service and Installation Technicians for Richmond, Fredericksburg, and South Western Virginia areas. Position includes service and construction projects. Candidates should have excellent technical skills and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Time management and productive progression of projects is essential for this position. This person must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Integrity and the ability to work independently are crucial. This position ensures we are meeting customer goals and the contractual obligations of the project while following company policies and procedures.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Commissioning, retro-commissioning and preventive maintenance on HVAC control systems.
- Provide BAS install, programming, graphical user interfaces, system integrations, startup, checkout and commissioning.
- Retrofit and new installations of upgraded BAS systems from legacy or pneumatics
- Technical troubleshooting of electrical circuits, field devices, various network protocols and computer software interfaces are all regular duties performed by our Technicians.
- Perform preventive maintenance plans for control systems by utilizing functional testing procedures for systems and maintaining records of deficiencies and remedies.
- Work with other BAS technicians to address trouble calls and assist as needed on BAS installation and upgrade projects.
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education).
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of site conditions, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience with BAS.
- Must be able obtain a minimum security clearance and pass a background investigation.
- Insurable DMV record required, able to drive company van or truck if required.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including night work and work overtime when needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with multiple automation products, communication protocols, and tools.
- Has a working understanding of IP networks. (IP Subnets, Routing, NAT, & Firewalls)
- Experience with Invensys IA, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Alerton, ALC, Distech, Trane, and/or Tridium a major plus.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Overtime, on-call pay, and vehicle for eligible positions
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VA: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- What are your your career goals in this industry?
How will you make an impact on our team?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: On the road